Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Everyone and their DOG........Old fashioned missionaries for Halloween and a funny Door knocking day.....


Sister Chizzy is doing great!
She got a new companion, got to dress up like olden day missionaries for their ward Chili Cook off and Halloween party and is, happy it's almost Halloween because she gets to eat all the Halloween Oreo's she can stuff!


Hey everyone!! I hope you all had a great week! So the title of this week, I bet you all are curious, hahaha. let me just tell you something. In Utah the saying "everyone and their dog" really IS just a saying, but here in Michigan it's real life!! EVERYONE and I mean it everyone has dog and they love them so much! Quick little story we were out door knocking on Friday and we knocked on this door, no one was home but their dog sure was he jumped up on the door and scared me and Sister Smith almost off the porch. So yeah, next time you say that.. Think of us out here with seriously dogs all around us!
Anyways... This week was great! My new companion is Sister Smith, she is from Gilbert Arizona, loves oatmeal chocolate chip cookies and makes me laugh like non other! She has a transfer and a half left on her mission and she is teaching me so much. I love her already! :) 
One of the highlights from this week was teaching our lead progressing investigator, we taught her with one of our ward members , and then we also had two recent converts at the lesson. The lesson was on Small and Simple things so we were talking about reading scriptures, saying our prayers, going to the temple and having family home evening like how Elder Ballad talked about this past conference. We talked about this for a couple minutes and then our two recent converts that were there bore their testimonies of how this has changed their lives. We didn't ask them to or anything but that's just the way the spirit led the lesson. It was really powerful to hear two recent members of our church testify of such strong truths. I loved it. The spirit is so important while teaching people about Jesus Christ without it, we would be nothing. 
Another great blessing from this week is our investigator Audrey, we met her just last week and she asked if she could have a Book of Mormon she has been reading it and came to our lesson with questions in mind. It was really neat, again another moment that I realized without the spirit I would be nothing, that and the Book of Mormon. I know it is the word of God. 
Sorry this email is so short but I hope you all have a wonderful Halloween week!! I love Halloween so you better all eat some Halloween Oreos and dress up like something, we even had the chance to dress up like olden day missionaries this week! :) Keep smiling, do the small and simple things because I know those are the things that build our foundation, without them we will falter and we will fail but with them all things are possible.
Love Sister Chisholm! <3 





Oh my goodness, heres a pretty funny story but all good stories start with.. "We were out door knocking....."
So we were our door knocking, and we had been door knocking most of the day it was Saturday so we only had two appointments and one of them was at night. So we were door knocking not tons of success but people were talking to us a little bit, we met these two people that had just moved from Shanghai and I was convinced we were going to teach them but they said right then they were still set on being buddist but that they would look up mormon.org so that's a start at least right?! So then we keep walking and we knock on this door and this guy opens the door, without a shirt on...... :O talk about awkward!!! (AND..he was kinda cute) hahaha me and Sister Smith were kind of tongue tied for a second and finally we were able to spill out who we were and what we were doing there and he just started like being all weird and trying to flirt with us and we were like, ummm you can check outmormon.org if you have any more questions. See ya!! It was SO awkward, but also really funny, we laughed for probably the next half an hour about it. People are funny, why would you come to the door without a shirt on?! Anyways that was pretty funny! :) Then we met a potential, he said he would want to know more about The Book of Mormon so we are teaching him on Thursday, that will be really good I think! Blessings all around! 
Sunday was great! Just like normal, I love Sundays so much. It was the primary program and oh man... we were even singing along, we decided if we just sang childrens songs at doors maybe people would listen. We haven't done it yet but those songs are powerful, no wonder we are supposed to be like a child! :) also I kept thinking about Jaemon, Grace and Ej!! AHH!! They are always the cutest in Primary Programs and I missed seeing their adorable faces and hearing their voices during this one! We had dinner with the James family last night and it was great, their son he's like 5 told us this joke... What is red and can kill you?! A Poisonous strawberry! hahaha, he was killing us while we ate and the member told us funny stories about his mission. I love eating with members, it always is really neat to be in a home where the spirit is so strong! I learn more and more about how I want my family and home to be each time I go to one of their homes, but don't worry I always compare it even more to my home! I love my family so much!!!!!! :) 
Things out here are going great! I am totally missing you all with this whole Halloween fest, but we are buying halloween oreos today and we are definitely enjoying knocking on doors that are literally DECKED out in halloween stuff! It's insane actually, also on Halloween we get to rake leaves all day for members in our ward and make pizza so it will be pretty fun! :) I am excited about that! Service is the best! 

Love Sister Chisholm! <3 

No comments:

Post a Comment