Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Halloween in Midland!


Sister Chizzy had a great week! She got to rake leaves and have a Halloween party at members houses..she said "it was SUPER weird to wear a hoodie!"


 Apparently the Halloween pillowcases I sent them were quite terrifying......
 Cold enough for a warm wool headband!
 Making cupcakes for their district...I think their apartment looks great!
Sister Smith and Sister Chizzy in their little witches hats and light up jack-o-lantern necklaces....as spooky as they can get! I love sending packages and of course...I couldn't resist the hats......Check out the first presidency watching over them up there.........I'm sure they'd approve!!

Hey everyone! I hope you all have had a fantastic week, I know I have and especially that it was Halloween! One of the best holidays out there! It even snowed for a bit here so that was an adventure especially because we spent Halloween raking leaves! Oh the joys of Michigan, literally there are so many leaves its insane! I thought Utah had a lot of leaves but no, there are like 2 billion more here in Michigan, also lots of leaves means for lots of giant piles which means I want to jump in them all! We will have to do that before the leaves turn to snow! :)
In other new this week was great! Here's a couple super cool stories,
On Wednesday we went to grab the mail after eating lunch and district meeting, so I got out of the car and looked to see if there was mail, ps thank you Sister Sessions for the postcard, it even had a cat on it. I loved it. :) Anyways, there was this guy smoking a cigarette grabbing his mail and so of course I decided to say hi. So I told him that I am a representative of Jesus Christ and that we share a message about how Jesus Christ is our savior and that he loves us. This guy looked at me and said, "So." and I said I know that he loves you and he looked at me again and said, "There is no Jesus Christ." and then without even thinking about it I looked at him straight in the eyes and said, " I know Jesus Christ is real, and I know that he and our father in heaven love you." He just shook his head and walked away. Now don't worry I don't tell this story to be a damper. I tell this story because it was amazing to me how quick I was able to testify of my Savior Jesus Christ. I know that He lives, I know that he loves me and that he loves each of us. He performed an infinite sacrifice for each of us and because of the atonement we can repent and come closer to Him. That moment was defining, I know that this is The Lord's work and I am blessed enough to be an instrument in his hands.
Another really neat thing that happened this week is our investigator Jason, he is so great! This week we had a really powerful lesson about baptism and it actually ended with him committing to pray about a date to be baptized and he also received a priesthood blessing from Brother Jones, the members home we were at. Members are essential to this work. I hope you all have the chance to go out on splits with the missionaries or even have them over for dinner. We have been sharing with families the scripture D&C 4 each time we go over for dinner, so today I would like to challenge you all to read over D&C 4 and apply the attributes in verses, 5 and 6. I have been striving to apply charity and patience more fully and I have seen the change in my life already. It's incredible what The Lord can do with us when we turn ourselves over to him. The gospel is true. It's a beautiful day and I know that our Savior Jesus Christ lives.
Have a wonderful week everyone! Keep smiling, also here's a quote from President Uchdorfs "Hope in Gods light" talk that he gave in the past April conference! "Darkness will not gain victory over the light of Christ, Gods light is real. It is available to all, it gives life to all things." :)
Love Sister Chisholm <3  

We love hearing from our cute girl and are so glad she's doing great! We are thankful she is loving being a missionary and the people of Midland!

No comments:

Post a Comment