Monday, January 5, 2015

Goodbye Sister Smith and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!


This week Sister Chizzy said goodbye to her companion and now she is training by herself for another 6 weeks. She learned a lot from Sister Smith and will miss her, but is thankful for the time she had with her! The snow came....and the cold. I'm glad she has warm boots and hand warmers!!!!



Hey everyone! I hope you had a fantastic week and that things are going well! I hope you all had lots of candy, treats, family and goal setting going on this week! I am positive that 2015 will be the best year ever! :) 
We had a great start to the new year! We had the chance to be with some of our recent converts on New Years eve, that was a blast. We had root beer floats and we got to play uno and even stay out until 10. Man it was exciting! :) haha We had a great time and then we woke up and continued to find people that want to change their lives around. :) 
Here's a couple tender mercies from the week.. 
We knocked into this guy named Jeff, he is Lutheran and invited us right in and we wound up teaching him the Restoration and about the Book of Mormon, come to find out he had known our old Bishop, Bishop Place. He was really nice to us and fed us pizza! that testified again to me how important ward members are and how we truly are all examples to the people around us. You never know who may be watching, for the good. 
That same day we were finishing off that street and we knocked into this girl Stephanie that was so sweet and told us that she had been praying about joining a church just that morning and that she had just realized that our church was on the street that it was just earlier that week! She said we can come and teach her more tomorrow, so pray that, that lesson goes through. She is incredible! 

 This is a pretty cool story. We were going to Patty and Curts to give them some cookies last night cuz they couldn't make it to church because Curt had to go plow the roads, and we were walking in when I noticed this girl trying to get the snow and ice off her car and without even thinking about it I grabbed our scraper and walked right over come to find out that she was using her shoe to get the snow and ice off. It was such a great service opportunity! Heavenly Father watches over everyone even just when we are trying to get snow off our cars! haha :) I love serving, service is how we forget ourselves. Its amazing! Well things are good out here! We are working hard, doing our best to stay warm and having fun while doing so! I know this is the Lords work, I know mom that he is mindful of you and that he mindful of us all! 


This week the snow came!! Oh man it came and it brought the freezing weather, however it's so beautiful! I love the white wonderland that the snow creates it makes for a beautiful landscape. We had a lot of fun shoveling our ward missionaries drive way and having hot cocoa afterword. We also were able to help scrape some snow off of others cars. serving is really the best way to forget yourself. I have found that to be true on my mission. It's definitely one of my goals for this new year, to always look for ways to serve, we learn in Mosiah, that when we are in the service in our fellow men we are only in the service of our God. I know that to be true. I know that this is Christ's church, I know that he restored it in it's fullness to the prophet Joseph Smith. :) I have found this out by studying for myself and praying with real intent. I know that if you ever have doubts He is there to help and to answer our questions! I hope you all have a wonderful new year and that things are going well! 

Love Sister Chisholm <3 

No comments:

Post a Comment