Monday, December 29, 2014

Merry Christmas from Midland!

Sister Chizzy enjoyed a wonderful Christmas in Michigan! She was very very well taken care of and had so much fun at the members houses and at her mission conference. We were so thrilled to talk to her on the phone on Christmas day and loved hearing her cute, sweet laugh. She is loving her mission and the people she is serving in Michigan!


Hey everyone! I hope that you all had a fantastic week, I truly hope that it was full of Christ, family and the pure sense of giving! That is what this season is all about. :) I want to thank everyone that sent me cards and thought about me while I am all the way out here in Michigan! I heard that it was white Christmas for all of you which is super awesome, we had a little tiny bit of snow so that was fun too!
This week I learned a lot about how we can make out weaknesses become strengths. It all comes from the scripture ether 12:27. Through Jesus Christ I know that our weaknesses can become strengths, I have seen it in myself. We were able to teach one of our less active members and she realized how her self pride is what is keeping her from coming to church and reading. The thing is she is not the only one. The whole Book of Mormon is about the people and their pride cycles, as we humble ourselves to the Lord and ask for strength we will receive that guidance and strength to overcome our weaknesses.
This week we had so many wonderful miracles, here are a couple of them, we found 3 new people to teach, Kelly, Maxine and Jack. That was a miracle in of itself, we have been on a little drought of finding people so what an amazing experience to find them this week! :) Definitely a Christmas Miracle!! :D
On Christmas Eve we had a half mission party!! We learned a lot about finding, which was great and we also got to play a bunch of games! it was a blast, it's so nice to sometimes take a minute to step back and just enjoy being a missionary! I loved it, my mission president is amazing. He helps us all feel so important I am so thankful for that. :) We also got to sing at our half mission party, we sang with 4 of us, I think it went pretty well! I love music, it really helps us feel the spirit that is for sure! We were able to have dinner with a family in our ward that night and we got to help them with their nativity they did. I really enjoyed being a part of someone elses Christmas Eve.
Christmas was incredible! Family is amazing. It is central to God's plan I know that is true! :D I LOVE LOVE LOVE my family, they are the best I want you all to know that! haha
I was spoiled out here in Midland, oh man so spoiled we had meals with a member for every meal it was great. Its amazing being a missionary during the Christmas season, it helped me see other peoples traditions and I loved it. Christmas is about Christ, I love the spirit during this time of year. It's that pure love of Christ. Continue to love and serve others throughout this entire year!
One of my favorite miracles was on Saturday. We were out door knocking and on Saturdays our missions can't use cars so we were out walking and we all were a bit uptight because these people had let us into their home but they just wanted to bash us and tell us that we were wrong.. #notcool so anyways we were walking home for dinner and we walked past this lady and she's all wait stop!! And were like what the? So then we walk over there and she's like are you girls caroling? and were all, no but I mean we can if you want us too! So then she let us in her home and had us sing like 5 songs for her kids and family! :) It was SO sweet! we sang them I am a Child of God and it was so cool to bring the spirit into that little home. I loved it! Then she was like I want to feed you something but I don't have anything and then she comes out with exactly three pieces of cheesecake and hands it to us! :D It was so nice! I loved it! That was such a blessing, for us and then she gave us her number and wants us to come back! :) What a great week. I loved it so much! This is Jesus Christ's gospel, he has called each of us to help him in this work I know it is true! Have a great week!
Love Sister Chisholm <3

Hey everyone!! :) Merry Christmas, I hope that you all have a wonderful Christmas! It is truly the time that we are able to remember our savior and to focus on family and serving others!
This week has been great! Our trio is diving and conquering and we are dominating life! :D We are working hard and having a great time as well. We got to play the chimes in our ward Christmas party talk about awesomeness, who would've guessed that on my mission I would learn to play the chimes, it's definitely a cool instrument to play! :D
So I must tell you all that if you are ever having a hard day go check out Angels we have heard on high or angels on the realms of glory by david archuleta and like piano guys because in reality it is fantastic! We had dinner at a members, the Duncans on Tuesday and they showed us that video, it was amazing! Seriously I loved it, so if you get the chance check it out!
So onto the miracles for a minute...
1. This week we were able to have interviews with President Jacobsen and we were able to have a great district meeting on how important it is that the people we meet know our purpose. When they know our purpose as missionaries we will be able to see the elect and help them come unto Christ. It was great! :)
2. We had a wonderful trade off with our Sister Training Leaders, Sister Guest came out here to Midland and she is just the sweetest sister in the world. She helped me a lot, and was able to tell us how to find and work even harder!
3. So this coming week is Christmas and as for all of us missionaries out here in Michigan we are having a half mission Christmas party/training/talent show, and as a district well the sisters in my district we are singing the song He was Here from the Forgotten Carols and so part of my email I want to talk about the lost or forgotten songs from that play. The song we are singing is about the shepherds and about this one Shepard that actually falls asleep and misses the whole thing. It makes me think of President Uchdorfs talk to the priesthood in the last conference in April called are we sleeping through the restoration? It's so important that at this Christmas season although there is so much hustle and bustle we always remember the reason for the season which is Christ. I have started reading Matthew along with the bible each morning and I have started to really realize how many miracles Jesus Christ performed along with all the service he gave. When we strive to be representatives of him at all times others are able to come to know for themselves that Jesus Christ lives.
I know that he lives. I know that he was born in a stable in the most humble circumstances. He is my savior as he is all of yours. I hope you all have a very merry Christmas!
Love Sister Chisholm! <3
ps this pic is totally at the worlds largest Christmas store!! It was INCREDIBLE!!! :D






 Christmas hat from her siblings!
 Hooray for calls home!!!
Merry Christmas missionary style!
 Silly gift exchange with her mission. She got this Elder some Elf jammies!!
 Fishing, our Christmas Eve tradition...delivered by Grandma Bennett! Thanks Grandma!!!!


 Elders, Sisters and President and Sister Jacobsen!

 The wonderful families who took good care of our girl on Christmas!!!!
 A little white Christmas!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment