Monday, December 15, 2014

TRAINING, CHRISTMAS FUN, READ THE BOOK OF MORMON and #ShareTheGIft


TRAINING, CHRISTMAS FUN, READ THE BOOK OF MORMON and #ShareTheGIft

 Sister Chizzy and her new "trainee", Sister Lau. Her, Sister Smith and Sister Lau are in a trio until Sister Smith goes home in a few weeks.
 The Midland wards do a huge community nativity display. It looks beautiful!
 Sister Chizzy with her garland all her friends and family contributed to. She loves it!
 Their cute little trees all decked out for Christmas! Jen's is the pink one!
Midland 2 district!


December 15

Hey everyone!! To start off, don't forget to watch the video He is the Gift and share it! :) It is such an amazing video and it really helps bring that Christmas spirit! :D So take on that challenge and discover it, embrace it and share it! :D 
ALSO I want to thank every single one of you that helped my mom make that adorable garland with all your pictures on it!!!! :D Oh my goodness it made my entire week to see all of your beautiful faces and to know that you all are alive, sometimes as a missionary I forget that I lived in Utah, where there is like 5 lds churchs on every corner instead of 30 different kinds of churchs on one road! haha :) So again thank you ALL so much! It was amazing and meant so much to me! :) 
So here's a little update on my week, we are still working hard out here in Midland! Weird thing is it's totally not snowing yet, it's been quite a few years since I had not a white Christmas and then I thought coming to Michigan for sure it would be white but maybe not! Its been a blessing for us sisters though because we were walking all week! :D blessings all around, they happen more than we think! 
This week we were able find quite a few potential investigators! It was amazing to find and hear about so many great testimonies that people have and how the Book of Mormon can help them increase that knowledge. I know that to be true. I actually was able to finish the Book of Mormon this week and I want you all to know that it is true. I know that it was translated but a prophet of God named Joseph Smith, I know that is answers all the questions of our souls and can help us in every aspect of our lives. It is the word of God. I would challenge you all at the beginning of this upcoming year of 2015.. crazy!! To reread the Book of Mormon and read it with the intent to know of the truthfulness of it. You will receive your answer for yourself. I know you will! :) 
This week we were able to teach our investigator Jason about the Word of Wisdom and it went really well. He is progressing so much in the gospel and he knows it is true. He also wants the promise from the word of wisdom to walk and not be weary and run and not be faint. I know that those promises are true as well! 
things are going great out here in Midland, I love being a missionary especially at this beautiful Christmas time. I hope you all are able to come closer to our savior Jesus Christ at this time. Don't forget that he really and truly is the reason for the season! 
Love Sister Chisholm! <3


December 8

Hey everyone! :) 
I hope you have all had a wonderful week! It sounds like things are going great out there in Utah! :) I hope you all are enjoying the season and having fun. Something cool that we are doing out here is He is the Gift, I really hope you all have had the chance to check out that video and that you were all able to share it. It really helps us remember the true meaning of Christmas. It's a time to remember Christ. 
So a couple cool stories for you all... 
1. My trainee is named Sister Lau she is from England but most recently from Arizona! She is also Chinese, yes awesome right?! She is the cutest thing ever, I really love her and she is already adjusting so well. I can't even believe that I am training still.. I feel like I don't really know what I am doing but Heavenly Father knows what he is doing so trusting in him is all we can do. I am so blessed to be a trio right now it's helping me learn and grow so much. 
2. We were able to go contacting on campus this week, which was incredible!! I loved it so much! People my age that are actually willing to change are the best! We met so many great people, they all actually had a desire to learn. haha but here's a pretty funny story we met this guy named franko and he totally didn't think we were listening after we left his door and then we heard this.. "Sisters.. That's why they are religious, because they can't find a man!!!" He must've been telling one of his roommates but that was pretty funny. Apparently we are all on missions because we can't get married... haha :) 
3. Our wards out here in Midland did this amazing Nativity exhibit this week and we were able to walk threw it with a couple of our investigators. It was amazing to see so many different scenes portrayed in different ways but it's all the same. Christmas is about Christ and because I am a missionary I am able to focus even more fulling on Letting him in. It's such an incredible experience. He is the reason for the season. I know that to be true. 
I hope you all are taking the time to let him in this Christmas season. Jesus Christ is our savior. He is our Redeemer and he is there. We are instruments in his hands and he wants us to become the best we can be. 
I am so thankful for the gospel in my life, I hope you all are able to share your testimonies this Christmas season. Keep loving life, I know I do! :) 
Love you all! 
Love Sister Chisholm <3 


December 1

Snow, wind, hats, boots, layers, tights, snowman, snowball fights, and best of all... Come back after the holidays!!! Tis the season of being a missionary in the Michigan Lansing Mission! :) 
Don't you all fret though, we are working hard and having a blast while doing so! This week has been awesome, in all honesty though being a missionary is just awesome. If any of you ever get the chance to go on a mission... DO IT and to all my missionary friends, keep working hard and bringing those people to Christ! :) You are all my inspiration! So here's some awesome updates from this week! 

We had a 1/3 mission conference this week and it was fantastic! Our mission leaders are called of God that is for sure. Sister Smith and I and some of the other elders and sisters in our zone had the chance to sing because I have been given much in the middle of the meeting, it was really great. We even added my favorite vs to the end, "because of thy lives mission Lord, I too will serve, I'll leave the comfort of my home to teach thy word. I'll seek thy sheep who've gone astray and those who've never known the way, I will make thy work my work today." It brought the spirit into that meeting and helped us all I think realize again why we are here and why we are missionaries. The gospel is true! 

That night we taught our investigator Hunter! He is awesome, he loves the whole Light of Christ idea and wants to have the Light of Christ more fully in his life. We have seen a change in his countenance already from him reading the Book of Mormon, that book is true, and it will change your life. If you don't believe me.. Well just do it! I promise it will change your life. It has changed mine. We also had dinner that night with the Bowmans, Brother Bowman has been a MTC president and also the president of the Peru mission! He is great, I love hearing his stories. 

Wednesday all 3 of our appointments canceled on us but we did get to have one appointment with Bonnie it was all on prayer, I love the scripture Alma 37:37 one of my favorites. Prayer is the way we come closer to our Heavenly Father. So then we went door knocking in the snow for like 3 hours!! It was a blast! Sister Smith and I make everything fun, I am so grateful for her as my companion. She teaches me so much! I can't believe she goes home at the end of December! Crazy stuff! We had dinner with our recent converts the Cormiers that night, they are also feeding us thanksgiving! happy day!! :) It was super delicious and Kurt he has actually met Chuck Norris! Cool stuff right? Oh the people you meet on missions. It's great! :) 

Thursday at dinner one of the members told me this quote, I love it. "You can be motivated by love or you can be motivated by fear, you choose." That is something to really live by. It's amazing how much love our Heavenly Father has for us. Look for the small and simple tender mercies he gives each day. That was mine for that day! We also got to help one of our investigators set up for Christmas!! What in the world?!? is it really Christmas time already?!?! WOW! 

On Saturday we got to walk in a parade!!!! That was an adventure! :) It was super douper fun! We are having this super cool nativity exhibit in a couple weeks so we got to pass our invitations and tootsie rolls for that! :) People were super nice and it was fun to be able to walk and invite people to come to the Nativity, everyone is getting super excited about it! It's going to be great! :) 

Sunday was amazing as always. I learned a lot about reverence and also about how we must always stand in holy places. As we do the small and simple things we will be closer to our Savior Jesus Christ. I love this gospel. I know it's true. Life is good! :) I hope you all have a wonderful thanksgiving and that you always remember to be grateful! :) 

Love Sister Jenica Chisholm! <3 

No comments:

Post a Comment