Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Whoa...Livin' on a Prayer!

WOAH!! Living on a prayer!!! :D haha but for reals though, Bon Jovi didn't have any idea what that phrase would mean to a missionary all the way in Michigan! This week has been such a mixed emotion week, in all aspects! If no one has ever told you.. missions are spiritually, physically, emotionally, and well every other kind of thing exhausting! I feel like my emotions change like every 5 minutes and some how I am able to overcome them! :) Truly as sister morrison always says, we could never do this work if it wasn't the Lords work! It's so true, the grace of our Savior is real! 

So from my subject of this email I want to tell you all about some amazing prayers that were answered this week and how truly Heavenly Father answers all of our prayers. Even the smallest ones! :D Friday this week was one of those insane emotional days, we have lessons fall through, weekly planning didn't get finished, we had a lesson that just went crazy and all around the day was just CRAZY! So anyways we were sitting in our car, about to go to another appointment and our GPS wasn't working, which was just not cool. So I was like lets just say a prayer and then hopefully it will load while we wait! So I start saying my prayer and right when I asked for our GPS to work it said, Proceed to highlighted route, right in the middle of my prayer! I couldn't even believe it!! As small as that seems right then Heavenly Father was aware of 2 missionaries serving in Wyoming Michigan.. and he made it so their GPS worked. We thanked him and went along out way! This wasn't the first time he had answered our prayers though, earlier that day while going through weekly planning, I was like alright so referrals and right then we received a media referral!! that was another crazy thing!! Even though the referral didn't really go anywhere, right then I felt the love of my Heavenly Father and how he truly is mindful of each of us. I know he is and I know he answers prayers. He wants to answer them! 

Last night we were trying to decide exactly what to do because we really wanted to see our investigator but she wasn't exactly on board with it, but we kept feeling like we should go see her so we get to her house and we say a prayer and right after I go, I feel like we should sing her a song and Sister Morrison goes, no way I was thinking the exact same thing!! #compunity actually more like the spirit! So we go in to teach elizabeth and we sing her a childs prayer and talk about prayer and that lesson touched all of our hearts. It was incredible! :D 

I know that Heavenly Father answers prayers, I know that Church, prayer and reading help us more then anything although they are the primary answers they have changed my life, and continue to change my life every day! The gospel is TRUE!!! :D 

Love Sister Chisholm! <3 



No comments:

Post a Comment