Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Faith leads us to ACT!


Apparently I have scarred my children into believing that pictures are life's most important thing....which they aren't....however, they ARE important and I'm really thankful my cute girl prays over even small things like her SD card!.....

Hey everyone!! :D This week was fantastic!! Life is just so great isn't it?!?! :) 
So I have a story to tell you all, it truly taught me so much about faith and acting upon it, also about how we can't do anything without the Lord! 
So last week I lost my camera SD card. Yes devastating I know. I bought a new SD card and was going to send my old one home to my family for safe keeping but then last Sunday when I went to get my camera out the SD card was gone. I searched all over my bag and everywhere around to find it and it was gone. Literally like poof, I had tears in my eyes as I ran into my bedroom and prayed to find it. I don't think I have every prayed so hard in my life, one because I was devastated, 2 because I knew my mom the picture lady would be absolutely devastated!! So I came back into the living room and told Sister Morrison and we made a game plan to go to all the places that I had pulled out my camera and go and look for it! 
So after church we went to the street where we took pictures and looked for it, no success, we called the less actives house where I had taken a picture and they said they would look for it outside, we searched our apartment high and low and still no success.. :( All throughout church I couldn't even function because I was so sad. I mean I still did everything but I was praying so so SO hard. So life went on! ( I love how I am telling this story, it wasn't this dramatic but for effect I am making it this way!) :) haha 
Monday comes around and I have this feeling I shouldn't tell my family because we all know my mom would have a heart attack, so I keep it a secret for on Pday and decide to search even more this upcoming week!! :D So I do, Tuesday we went again and looked around the street where we took a picture and still no success, and mind you I was honestly praying harder then I ever have in my LIFE!!!!!!!  So I got in the car and we prayed again and then I just felt peace and so I gave myself a little pep talk about how even if was lost how blessed I was that I had sent so many pictures home and that I had companions that took pictures and that I could get them from them and all these things. I just kept feeling like everything was going to be okay, and I knew it would all be okay! :D 
So Wednesday rolls around and by this time I have just come to grips that my camera card was lost and that everything was okay! :) I had done my part and I knew that everything was going to be alright! It was amazing the peace I had. 
So while we are having lunch as a district, the phone rings and it's our less active family the Galumbos, they call and say. So my husband was just outside watering the flowers and he found you SD card, and I am looking at it right now!!!! I screamed a ltitle bit and was SO SO SO SO excited!! She said come and get it, so after lunch we drove home from Grand Rapids, where we were having interviews and low and behold she had my SD card! Get this though, her husband had looked right when we called the first time and he didn't see it, then he had watered the flowers multiple times, it had rained and all these things and my SD card survived!!! How amazing is that?!?!! What a tender mercy, I learned so much about prayer this week, so much about faith and so SO much about trusting in the Lords timing. He loves us, He even loves us when we do dumb things and lose things that we shouldn't lose! :) This story ends happily and although those 4 days without my card with difficult and hard, I knew that Heavenly Father had a plan and He did. He just needed to teach me a couple lessons first. I have bought a flash drive and every single picture from now on will be on it, but everyone I know he Loves you.

 Our cute daughter may be a brunette....but she was born with very blonde, curly hair......case in point......
Things are going really well out here! I told mom but I had some super funny blonde moments this week I will have to tell you about them.. So we were having dinner at the church with the elders before correlation this week and sister morrison had this coconut ice cream, cuz it's the only kind she can have and I was like so whats in it and one of the elders is like, well cocounut and then sis morrison is all, oh and cricket legs, and then not thinking I say really!?! and they all just lost it! It was super funny, so blonde moment #1.. then we were watching elder perrys funeral at interviews this week and elder Ballard was speaking and I had just gotten in from my interview so I wasn't really sure what was going on and I go, is that Elder Perrys son?! and everyone just looks at me and there like, that's Elder Ballard, then we all just burst up laughing again.. Man sometimes I honestly am such a blonde. It was funny though, sometimes I think the Lord lets me be a blonde so that other people can laugh with me.. hahaha :) so funny! :D
Yesterday was an amazing day, we had ward council, which was an adventure, I honestly think if everyone just went on missions then home and visiting teaching would be 100% haha, that was pretty much the essence of our meeting! :) Then we had church which was great, they had me bear my testimony and so I talked about prayer and about how prayers truly are answered. It was fun, I really liked it actually. All I did was pray Saturday night what to teach about and I felt prayer was what needed to be said, so I shared Alma 37:36-37 and talked about how I do know that prayers are answered it was really neat! Then we taught a BUNCH of lessons! IT was so great! :) We saw so many miracles too, Ian and Clarissa both came to church which was awesome and then we saw Elizabeth and she is still on date on July. We read the talk The Gift of Grace from this past conference, one of my favorites! It's by President Uchdorft. I love it!! :D It was such a great day, things are so good! I just love being a missionary, I can't imagine life without being one! It's the best!! :D 
A few cute updates from mom's letter this week....

So a little update on my week!! It was a good week! We taught some lessons, found some new people! We found a new investigator that is from Berma!! His name is Alex and he is super super cool! :) It was cool because that day we had a lesson with Vanessa our investigator and she shined us, so we went out doorknocking and Sis Morrison and I felt really good about this street but then while we were doorknocking people were SO rude. They did not want to listen.. Like literally were not interested at all! haha so we were about to leave to head over to our apartment to get picked up for dinner and we decided to knock on one more door and thats when we found Alex!! We taught him the restoration and then we set a return appointment! It was AMAZING! I have such a testimony of knocking on "one last door!" One more door, one door more! haha :)
We also had trade offs this week!! I went up to Ludington and totally got to see lake Michigan!!! AHHH!! it's seriously like an ocean, my mind literally was BLOWN!! I loved it! It was like 54 degrees though and raining for the day and half I was up there.. :( but we got some sweet pictures! I am excited to send them to you, I loved trade offs! It was quite the interesting experience, the sister I was with was great but we just had some crazy experiences! We picked up 3 potentials for them and we got a referral and then went and contacted him and totally had a lesson with him!! So while I was up there we saw some AWESOME miracles! It was funny the zone leaders called me while I was up there and Elder Haddock is all, " Sister Chisholm miracles just follow you around." It made me feel really good, I just do my best and then the Lord makes up the rest. I am grateful to be an instrument in His hands. There is no NO way we could do this work if we didn't have the spirit I am so grateful for the spirit! :) That is why we are obedient too!!
 I know this gospel is true. I know that our Father in Heaven has a perfect plan for us. I know it with all my soul! :) Have a wonderful week!!
love Sister Chisholm!! <3 
Lake Michigan!!! :D :D SO beautiful!!! :) 




 Beautiful Lake Michigan!

 Toes in the sand!
 Exchanges and a very fun Ice Cream shop!
Zone leaders and STL's....apparently awkward is the new the normal!

No comments:

Post a Comment