Monday, March 30, 2015

There is Sunshine in my soul! Preparing for Easter!

Sister Chizzy has had a great few weeks, I feel bad I'm behind in posting (crazy little thing called life!) but she is happy and doing well! Here are some of her latest adventures!

March 30

Hey everyone!! :D
 I hope you all are preparing yourself for an amazing weekend that is to come! I know that we have a countdown to conference and to Easter, what a great time of year it is! :) I have been thinking a lot this week about personal revelation and today I read in the Bible Dictionary what it says about revelation, It says "divine revelation is one of the grandest concepts and principles of the gospel of Jesus Christ. For without it man could not be saved with any degree of salvation in the eternities."
I mean think about that for a minute, we have a loving God that helps us know his will by helping us feel of the spirit and testifying of truth through the Holy Ghost. I love that. It's amazing how much God loves us and at this amazing Easter season we are able to think about how God sent his son Jesus Christ for us to return to live with him. He overcame death so that we can all live with our Father in Heaven again, that brings me so much peace and joy.

Things are great out here in East Lansing! We almost hit a crazy fan from the MSU game this week, that was an adventure. My bets are still all in for them to win march madness! :D

Here's a story from this week, we were able to teach our investigator Karenn that is on date for April 25! She is incredible and is going to be such a great member and missionary! I mean she already invited all her friends and family to her baptism, gold star right there for sure! She is happy and is progressing a ton, I love seeing the gospel be applied into her everyday life and to see how it truly is blessing her life.

We went to this amazing Easter concert last night at our stake center, it was SO good! I have never heard such powerful singers in a church function like that. They all had amazing voices, it almost reminded me of phantom of the opera church style. Music is such a great way to feel the spirit. I love it, here are some lyrics of my favorite easter song.
Christ the Lord is Risen today Alleluia!! :D
This Easter season reflect on all the blessings our Heavenly Father has given you, he truly loves us all and wants us to be happy! I love you guys and I am so thankful for the support you give me to. This gospel is true, our Savior Jesus Christ lives and he wants us to come unto him! :) Enjoy conference! I know I will!! :D

Love Sister Chisholm! <3


March 23
Hey everyone!!!
Things are great out here in East Lansing! It's hoping with fans of MSU, I hope that you all are rooting for them because they are doing good from the sounds of things! :) Sports may be good out here but same with the missionary work!! We are seeing miracles every single day! This week had some great moments, and they continue to come! Here's a couple things that have blessed and changed my life this week!

We were walking to go and give some service to a less active in our ward and this cute elderly lady was walking to the same place so we decided to talk with her as we all walked to this building. This cute little old lady started telling us her life story and about her family and about how they all had passed on but that she knew they would all be there for her in the heaven. We asked her how old she was and she told us that she was 72 and that it was her birthday! :D Of course we sang her happy birthday and she just was so thankful that we were there to talk with her on this great day of hers! :) I thought a lot that day and this week about how small and simple things truly do help great things come to pass, in all aspects of life. :)

We had a really amazing miracle happen with a new investigator Chris! We taught her the restoration and she loved it! I hope that things progress there, she told us she was planning on coming to church so hopefully it all works out!

Our investigators are progressing well! Karenn is amazing, she seriously is going to be the best member in the world.. Well in my eyes! Jeffery is doing well! He is reading and praying just to find an answer if God is there, and we taught a lesson this week in starbucks, it's amazing to me that even in crazy places the spirit can still reside. We just must be worth to have it! That's a thought I had this week is about how truly the goal in this life when it comes down to it is if we have the spirit. If we have the spirit we make right decision, if we make right decisions we are trusted by the Lord and we will inherit eternal life. It's not a hard formula, we just have to strive everyday to be better and use the Atonement of Jesus Christ in our lives. This gospel is a life long process, but it is the greatest race we can ever run!

I love my Savior Jesus Christ and I know this is His church on the earth today! :D Have a great week everyone!! I hope you all are having sunshine in your souls wherever you may be! :D

Love Sister Chisholm







Hey everyone! Don't worry I am not breaking any rules by emailing on Tuesday but it happens to be that we had interviews with my amazing mission president yesterday so our pday happens to fall on the greenest day of the year!! :D And since I live so close to MSU campus, which happens their colors are White and Green, it literally has been a green day! :) I hope you all are having a very lucky day and that the odds are ever in your favor! I know they are in mine!


We had an incredible week! I mean I say that every week I feel like but seriously I don't think that missionaries have bad weeks, we may have some hard moments but never bad weeks! :) The greatest miracle is that Karenn is on date to be baptized!!! AHH! yay!! :) Today we talked with her again and she is planning on being baptized on April 25!! yay! I am so excited for her, she seriously is an inspiration to me! I love being able to teach her, today we taught her this amazing lesson and afterwards Sister Chugg was like, ya know I just love how strong the spirit is when we are with her, I know that feeling is because she truly is prepared and she is doing everything she can to join Christ's church and take his name upon her. It's incredible! :)

We were able to walk 4 miles on Saturday, that was awesome and it was a beautiful day a little overcast and about 50 degrees we went and  met with one of our investigators and wound up serving her for about an hour and then having a lesson! It was such a great moment, service truly is so important! I have found that when we serve we stop thinking about our own selfish desires and we start thinking about others and as soon as we do we have forgotten what we even wanted or needed! I love the scripture in Mosiah 2:17, truly when we serve others we serve God.

We were able to watch the youth theme video this week Embark and can I just say if you haven't been able to see it yet go online to like lds.org or something and watch it! Seriously we have so much technology in this day and age gotta start flooding it with goodness! :D I loved it, it may have made me cry, I mean being a missionary sometimes I cry at silly things.. :) anyways We can all spread a little goodness even if it is just posting an inspiration thing online!
All in all things are great! I love serving in East Lansing area, it's wonderful! The people are incredible and my investigators have my heart completely. the gospel is true, the book is blue and it's a beautiful day! Have a fantastic week!

Love Sister Chisholm! <3

This is my shine on oreo... :) Thanks to my great family for sending me SPRING yellow oreos!! :D














No comments:

Post a Comment