Monday, January 11, 2016

It's Not about you!

Hey Everyone!!! :) 
So this weeks theme comes from the awesome new theme for the youth!!! :) Which steams from 2 Nephi 31:20 in the Book of Mormon about pressing forward!! :) So if you get the chance go check it out on youth.lds.org it's one of my favoirte songs! This is how the chorus goes.
"It's not about you.. It's not about you. It's for the people who are blessed by what you do." And then the song goes through about how the boy gets confirmed a member then when he receives his mission call and then when he gets home and has kids! :) So I love this song! It's so SO perfect, truly it's never about us. I have such a strong testimony of this, truly we are here in this life to bless others and to serve them. We will become who our Father in Heaven needs us to be as we serve others and lose ourselves helping them. So I wanted to share a couple experiences from this week that go right along with our theme for this week! :) 

First off I was able to go to a baptism for Trent, I was able to teach him while I was in Wyoming and it was such a blessing to be able to support him on his special day! But the first time we taught Trent and the reason he wanted to meet with missionaries was in his words, " because I want to serve and help others" I love that. Truly if all of us could have that kind of conviction that this recent convert has I know that world would be such a better place. Full of each of us serving and loving others! Trent is such a great example of not thinking about himself. 

The next one I thought about was the members here in TC!! They are always so willing to serve. We had a great branch council meeting yesterday morning where us and the elders really wanted to do splits but the branch was not completely agreeing but we felt that it was something our branch needed and when we brought it up in council everyone was so suppportive and desired to help us. They truly have forgotten about themselves, amidst all their lives, jobs and everything they go through they truly wanted to help us to accomplish the Lords work. I felt that truly was an example of not thinking about themselves. 

The last but most important that I have thought about this week is my Savior Jesus Christ. Truly He lived a perfect life, full of thinking of others. He never once complained He never once said well I need to do this.. He went about serving others and lifting them up. At the end of the song it says " Sure you've become much better because of what you have been through, but it's not about you." I know that our Savior truly did this. He went through it all but continued to give the Father all the glory. I am so grateful for His perfect example of service and I pray that each of us will strive to develop that attitiude of always serving and thinking of others and not of ourselves. 

I love this gospel. I know it's true! :) Our Father in Heaven can perform miracles he performs them in my life each and everyday, I know that Joseph Smith is a prophet of God and that the gospel has been restored and continues forth today! It will always stand!! Have a wonderful week!!! 

Love Sister Chisholm! <3 


 Amazing baptism of Trent!
 A fun reunion in the Wyoming ward with its newest member!
 The Elder's wrote "Sisters are cool" in the snow, pretty cute I think!
 Sledding with the Elders!
 Yummy grilled banana splits at a members house...yummy!

Apparently Sister Chisholm's smile has become quite a subject of conversation in her mission, its kind of an icon I guess! We love it because her smile is so contagious and radiates happiness!!!! So here's a pic of a SISTER CHIZZY smile on all their cute district's faces!!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment