Monday, April 27, 2015

Smile as you go and YAY!!! BAPTISM WEEK!




April 20

Hey Everyone! I hope you weeks have all been great! I don't have a ton of time today but I wanted to share a really cool experience with you all! :)

Yesterday Sister Chugg and I were out door knocking trying to find people to teach and we have really been trying to use pamphlets at door steps! Throughout my mission I have gotten in a terrible habit of not teaching as much as I could when I am on door steps sometimes I get nervous of what they are going to say or I just can't think of the words to say, so I have really been working hard and praying a lot about using the pamphlets so that we can teach when we find more fully. Anyways we were out door knocking and I jus kept praying please let me be able to use the pamphlet and share my testimony with at least one person on this street. So we kept knocking and people were not being very receptive, we kept sharing our testimonies and testifying of the Book of Mormon and also of Joseph Smith but I still didn't get the opportunity to use the pamphlet on any of the doors. Finally we were just about to leave to get to our dinner appointment and as we walked up to the last door I prayed in my heart that this person would let us teach them just a little bit at least. This old man opened the door and he we started talking to him and I asked him, why he thought there were so many churchs and he said, I don't know why?! And right then I pulled out the pamphlet and started teaching him about the priesthood and Christ establishing a church. Now this story doesn't have a fairy tale ending, the man still didn't want to listen to us, but as we walked away I felt the spirit so strongly testify to me that my Heavenly Father loves me, that he answers our prayers, even if they are little! :)

My testimony to you all today is that our Savior Lives, he loves us and he wants us to be happy! Our Father in Heaven has so many blessings he wants to bestow upon us all we need to do is ask! :) The gospel is true, it's been restored by a prophet of God and it is here in fullness today! I love you all and I hope you have a fantastic week!!
Love Sister Chisholm! <3

My favorite flower... :) Yellow Roses!! :D  


April 27 2015

Hey Everyone!! This week was AMAZING!! I mean we had a baptism of the most prepared person I have ever met in my life, but on top of that we saw some incredible miracles and we were able to fulfill our callings of being called to serve! :D Here's some of the miracles this week!

Karenn was able to be baptized and it was an incredible ceremony, it didn't go perfectly ,the water happened to be cold, we served at a huge family history seminar all day so all the members were super tired but it was amazing!!! There were more then 55 people there, the most I have ever seen at a baptism and she was just glowing. I may have cried more then once that day. Truly baptism is the first covenant we make with our Heavenly Father and being able to see someone that you taught, and helped make that commitment is the most fulfilling feeling. In our car letters it says, More happiness and joy await you.. And honestly this week I felt that, Karenns baptism was just one of the many times my Heavenly Father showed me that this truly is where I am supposed to be and what I am supposed to be doing.

I read an amazing scripture this week at the beginning of the Book of Mormon, I have just recently started it again and this time I am looking for all the times that the people are obedient and the blessings that they receive and holy cow, there are SO many times especially in the beginning with Nephi going and getting the plates and even when Lehi is obedient and actually takes his family into the wilderness, can you even imagine? Leaving everything and going to the unknown? A year ago this week I received my mission call to come to Michigan and I can tell you that I felt a bit that way, I was nervous up until the day that I got into the MTC, it terrified me to leave everything I knew, loved and cared about for a year and a half. However, it is all worth it! In the movie 17 miracles.. One of my favorites.. Sarah Franks says "It will all be worth it!" And I can truly say that my mission is so SO worth leaving everything even wakeboarding and running for a year and half, it's the best decision I have made so far in my life! :D anyways, little tangent, but truly we must be obedient even when we think it's something we can't handle! Obedience brings blessings, exact obedience brings miracles!! :D

We were serving at this great family history seminar and pretty much our job was to take down chairs and put up new chairs, it seems to be the trend with the church the joke was that as soon as we are members we get the chance to put up and take down chairs, oh and make food of course! I mean we even pray over the cookies and ice cream! :) haha I love it!!! :D Also this elder shot a water bottle cap at this eldery lady while we were directing people to classrooms.. that was pretty funny!

Anyways, this week the greatest thing I think I learned was how thankful I truly am for the prophet Joseph Smith! I am so thankful he had a question and that he turned to the Lord for helped. He was used as an instrument in restoring the gospel and because of him and his obedience and hard work the gospel in it's fullness is on the earth. I am thankful to testify of this wonderful truth every single day!!! :D the gospel is true, I LOVE MY MISSION!!! :D

Love Sister Chisholm! <3

Karenn, doesn't she just glow??! :D

A very Happy Happy Baptism Day for Karenn!

 Hooray for Springtime!
 A gorgeous Michigan sky! The road the mission home is on in Lansing.

 This is someone they have been working with a lot to help her stop smoking. They spend a lot of time with her and love her so much!

A great P-day activity was going to a butterfly farm!

No comments:

Post a Comment