Monday, July 20, 2015

A birthday in Michigan and a happy day at the temple!

Hard to believe my baby girl is 20 years old and I don't get to spoil her here at home. We sent her some fun treats and after getting numerous messages and texts this week from members in her ward and area.. I know she was well taken care of! Happy Birthday Sister Chizzy! We are so proud of you and love you SO MUCH!


July 13
Hey everyone!! I hope your weeks have been amazing!!  I am just about out of time and we are heading on over to a Zone PDAY in the RAIN!! :D It should be a blast, but I thought I would share  thought with all of you before I go! :D 

So this week Sister Guest and I have been talking a lot about the word love. We decided last week that we think Love is the why of Faith. Because our Father in Heaven loves us He gave us the agency to come to earth and to earn a body and to succeed and to fail. Because He loves us he provided a Savior for us when we do fail and because He loves us He has given us family and friends to strengthen us and lift us when we are in need. He also has given us prophets to receive modern day revelation! :D We are pretty loved if you ask me!! So we have talked a lot about how Love comes first and then faith can follow, as the week went on I have thought a lot about that. When we think of the first two great commandments we read, " Thou Shalt Love." That is my invitation to all of you today, go and love another! Go and serve them, go and help them to learn that there really is a plan for them. That they are loved and that they are important! :D 

I have seen this love in my life and I have learned that the next step is to serve others. When we serve others we find that we forget about ourselves and the things we are going through and we are willing to help others and to strengthen them! Service, love and faith. These 3 things helps us to humble ourselves and turn our lives over to our Father in Heaven who has a perfect plan and then miracles follow! 

I know that God loves you! I know this gospel is a gospel of happiness, I know service is the way to forget about ourselves and to draw nearer to God!! :D I love you all!! Have a wonderful week!! I will update you all more on my actual missionary work next week.. all I can say is it is GREAT!!! :D This is the Lords work and I am SO SO blessed to be a part of it!!! 

Love Sister Chisholm! 






 A few amazing members made Jen's 20th bday so great for her. The love they have for the missionaries is amazing. I am so grateful, as a mom for so many caring people!
 A happy 20 year old!
 Another bday treat!

 The Stake President and his wife hosted another fun p-day activity which happened to be on Jen's bday! Fun for her!

 Olive Garden Bday dinner!


A sweet member made our traditional chocolate chip pancakes (messaged me and asked what she would like from me that day...truly...so kind!)

The members there are so amazing. They texted me and asked for her favorite meal, and wanted the EXACT recipe, they were so sweet and made it for her and had a happy birthday banner and everything! WOW! People are AWESOME!


July 20- This week was a little tough for our girl. She is still so happy and has such a great attitude, but some weeks are tough. I am so proud of her for keeping a smile on her face and for finding joy, even when things are hard. I got a sweet text from a member this week when she and her husband took her and her companion to the Detroit temple. She said every time she sees Jen she thinks of the hymn "scatter sunshine, all along the way"....and that truly describes her. It is not a pretense, it's truly her personality! She chooses Joy and that is a gift.
Hey everyone!! :D First off it's one of my favorite holidays this week, the 24th of July or Pioneer day, and yes some of that is just because I love July. It truly is one of the best months of the year but I also really love the song Come, Come Ye Saints, this song has helped me so much throughout my mission! It has some amazing lyrics to it, so if you get the chance go and check it out! :)

So this week has been quite the adventure, we have had lots of crazy ups and lots of crazy downs but it has become such a great week of learning, growing, applying, humbling and everything else to it's testing point! I am grateful for the times that we learn the most, I think that at the last day when we are looking back on our lives, or looking back on hard times we will be the most grateful for them because those are the times we learned the most! :D This week I found this quote and I have decided it pretty much describes how I see life, "Darkness exists, we must choose not to dwell there!" -President Uchtdorf! I have learned that even though hard times, darkness, saddness all these things that the world wants us to see are there if we have the spirit with us and if we do all that we can, pray, try and laugh, smile and serve others and love them more then ourselves we truly will be able to come out of the darkness to a brighter day! :) It doesn't mean that the darkness isn't there, it means we have decided to rise above it! I hope that helps any of you that wonder why I am so happy all the time, haha it doesn't mean that my mission is easy, or that I don't have days where I doubt, no one is immune to the challenges that this mortal life gives to us, but we always have a choice of how we respond. :) Anyways there is my little thought for today! :)

This week like I said was pretty crazy, lots of ups and downs, but we have seen a bunch of really great miracles!! :) We found this awesome guy that pretty much just said, I want to meet with you, I have met members, I have met missionaries will you teach me! Now that doesn't happen very often! What a blessing from on high! I thought it was so cool, the Lord really does prepare people to hear of His gospel!

There is a song that I really love and I want to share some of the lyrics with all of you, this song has helped me through a ton of things before my mission, and on my mission and I am sure it will help me after my mission as well! :)

"We pray for blessings, we pray for peace, comfort for family, protection while we sleep.. But what if our blessings come through rain drops.. What if our healing comes through tears.. What if the trials of this life are our blessings in disguise! " I know that the Lord truly does have a plan for each and every one of us. We may not always see it, but he truly does Hear and Answer our prayers. I know this gospel is true. Through the Atonement of Jesus Christ we can be changed, we can become more then we ever thought was possible! :D

I love you all!! Have a wonderful week!! :)

Love Sister Chisholm! 

 (a note about the lyrics to that song...it is one of our very favorites, it's called Blessings by Laura Story)



 This is a new very favorite picture. I love it!!! She put it on her Facebook page today....also a fun surprise for me to see every so often....love this girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment